Thursday, December 29, 2011

Another Birthday

     As yet another year has come and gone I have been pondering the state in which I find my life.  I feel like a 43 year old graduate ready to start down the path of life.  Except I have a wife and two kids to take with me.  I dedcided to start this blog so maybe see my thought in print( in cyberspace at least) might help me oraganize them.  Who knows it might even benefit someone else.

    As the title boldly suggest, I am the father of 2 wonderful homeschooled children.  My wife being the adventurous soul who has chosen  to dedicate her life to teaching them.  As the dad in this wonderful niche in society it is hard to tell sometimes how we can best contribute.  What is our role in our childrens education beyond working to support the family while mom works her magic molding our kids into tomorrow's shining lights of American society.(American society need all the shining light it can get,  more on that in furture blogs)

    I told my wife after the homeschool groups Christmas party that I should start a homeschool dad's meeting.  Because while we are a prominent presence in the home when are mostly absent from the group events.  Except the train ride field trip,  what self respecting man would take a day off for that.  It is obvious that we would love to be there if not work I am sure we would.  But since we seldom make the events and aren't invited to the "mommy" meetings I figure I will use this blog to express my feelings about homeschooling,  raising children, and manhood in the modern age in general.  If I haven't lost you yet then check out my soon to be written next installment where I will move from this light and fluffy introduction into some deep and profound truths pertinent too all mankind.  Or maybe it will just be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment